Jewelry designer Karen Boateng creates gorgeous one of a kind pieces from 100% FAIR TRADE, ECO-FRIENDLY gemstones. They make fantastic gifts -- including gifts to yourself! So come over and do a little no-stress shopping. Karen is the last word in green glam. Support small business artists, demand eco-conscious luxuries, and knock out your gift list in high style.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

What's Done is Done

After a whirlwind of shopping and preparing, I appeared on Good Day Sacramento yesterday. Let me just say that the shopping and make-over done by my friends was exhausting. I still have clothes to take back to the stores, when I don't know. Somehow I got talked into buying a sweater that I thought was lined with faux fur. Well, the night before the show (when I had to get up at 5am to leave by 6am to get there in time) I discovered that it was Rabbit Fur! I was, and still am, horrified. I would never knowingly purchase Rabbit Fur, never. I can barely bring myself to touch it to put it back in the bag to take it back to the store. The kicker is that I'm freakin' allergic to Rabbits!!! I had started sneezing and everything by the time I discovered the truth. did I mention it was horrifying?

The show was a wonderful experience though, and very enlightening as to what it is like behind the scenes of a TV news show. My friend's friend saw the show and said that I looked good, and my friend heard me on speakerphone and said I sounded good... but until I actually see the piece I'm still worried that I really messed it up.

I was told to look at the interviewer and not the camera, and I couldn't help but look at the camera while talking about my jewelry in front of me. Then, when asked to show how the necklace cord adjusted, it got a little bit stuck, and I struggled for a few seconds. sigh. I wish I could do it over, but alas, what's done is done.

Like I said though, it was a good experience, and luckily it was FUN! But the whole Rabbit Fur debacle... did I mention it was horrifying?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home